Some worthy advice from the Soos' Ma:
Dear Raj & SurianThanks Andy's Ma - great advice!
I was reading a book review and this quote was there. Thought you would appreciate it. You can add it to your LTS (Life's Too Short) list:
S.U.M.O. stands for Shut Up, Move On. It's a phrase to say to ourselves(and sometimes others) when we are acting or thinking in a way that is hindering our ability to succeed. It does NOT necessarily mean get over it' or pull yourself together' (although there may be occasions when both responses are necessary).
Shut Up' means stop what you're doing, take time out to reflect, let go of baggage and beliefs that hinder your potential.
Move On' means tomorrow can be different from today, look for new possibilities, don't just think about it, take action.
There are six S.U.M.O. principles that are designed to help you create and enjoy a brilliant life. If you are wrestling with life's challenges, these principles will help you do so more successfully...
1. Change Your T-Shirt - take responsibility for your own life and don't be a victim.
2. Develop Fruity Thinking - when you change your thinking, you ultimately change your results.
3. Hippo Time is OK - understand how setbacks affect you and how to recover from them.
4. Remember the Beachball - increase your understanding and awareness of other people's world. This will help to bring about more successful relationships.
5. Learn Latin - change comes through action not intention. Overcome our tendency to put things off.
6. Ditch Doris Day - create your own future rather than leave it to chance. Forget the attitude "que sera, sera, whatever will be, will be." Make your time on this planet the best that it can be.