Friday, December 31, 2010
alight here vol 0006
alight here vol.0006
In preparation for a new year... I give you the sixth instalment in the alight here mixcast series. 2010 was a great year for music and, as such, it is my intention to highlight some new material that has really captured my attention as well as more familiar tracks that have sustained my interest and really grown on me.
All the artists featured are independent musicians... please support them by checking out their music, buying where appropriate, and spreading the word.
Oh and this mixcast is brought to you in conjunction with the something beautiful podcast - we have a "musical interlude" every-so-often and it was my turn... so it made sense to bring the two together.
Enjoy... and please support the artists featured.
Happy New Year
01) The Breaker Anointing by Shekinah taken from The Wind Lost Its Breath And The Sea Became As Smooth As Glass
02) Angle Of Incidence by The Echelon Effect taken from Fracture And Fragments
03) Like A Firefly (Love) by Lowercase Noises taken from Carry Us All Away
04) Summit by Emmalee Crane taken from Formantine
05) Light Of Those Whose Dreary Dwelling by The Opiate Mass taken from Volume 2: Albatross (direct download)
06) Golden Contrails by Cousin Silas taken from Complex Silence 9 - Fresh Landscapes (netlabel release)
07) Meeting at the utility pole by edPorth taken from Saying vamos and thinking let's go
08) Big Sky by Matt Stevens taken from Ghost
09) Count Your Blessings by The Lower Lights taken from The Lower Lights - A Hymn Revival
10) Redemption Today by United Harvest Workers Union taken from their self-titled release
11) Falling Off Trees by Uniform Motion taken from Pictures (netlabel release)
12) I Will be Silent by Over the Ocean taken from Paper House
(all tracks from bandcamp releases unless otherwise highlighted)