My pal Jake Bouma in Des Moines has awarded me with a Subversive Blogger Award :: A concept he has started as a means of thanking/acknowledging blogs that you read/feed from...
Today I would like to officially announce a brand-spanking-new blog meme called the Subversive Blogger Awards../He tagged me along with some four other bloggers who deserve way more credit than my inane ramblings...
Subversive bloggers are unsatisfied with the status quo, whether in church, politics, economics or any other power-laden institution, and they are searching for (and blogging about) what is new (or a "return to") - even though it may be labeled as sacrilege, dangerous, or subversive.
- Pomomusings by Adam Walker Cleaveland
- Mattopia by Matt Cleaver
- iamjoshbrown by Josh Brown
- soupablog by Paul Soupiset
- Pernell Goodyear > Truly inspirational bloke and Elton John fan.
- Johnny Laird > Another chap I am honoured to know... whose honesty is a daily encouragement.
- JD Blundell > I don't get the politics posts (He is American) but I get his enthusiasm... big time... and love the whole "Orange Noise Radio" thing.
- Matt Wilson > For keeping it real and getting his sleeves rolled up in Manchester and beyond.
- Royzoner > For truly off-the-wall visuals and being an all-round good egg.
The rules of participation are pretty straightforward:
1. If you are tagged, write a post with links to five subversive blogs
2. Link back to this post so people can easily find the origin of the meme
3. Optional: Proudly display the "Subversive Blogger Award" somewhere on your blog (images below) with a link to the post that you wrote
That's all there is to it. Keep in mind that this award is meant as an encouragement to bloggers to keep doing what they're already doing - being subversive (however you interpret it). May we never forget that Jesus (and His message) was the original and ultimate subversive.
Technorati Tags: subversive blogger award