- Who are you and what do you do?
I'm Ken Hart: a marketing writer by day and a freelance writer by night. I'm also a happy husband and fun dad who possesses far too much knowledge of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and '50s sci-fi cinema.
- What are you working on at the moment?
The early stages of a dark fantasy novel.
- Who inspires you?
I've drawn inspiration from the horror classics of Hammer Films, the visceral writing of Brian Lumley, and the thrilling, no-one-is-safe attitude of the British SF series, Blake's 7.
- What drives you to do what you do?
Creatively, I need outlets! Sometimes I can find that outlet through blogging or role-playing games; other times, I just need to let loose the reins on the imagination and see where my writing takes me.
- What values do you wish your creativity to express?Perseverance and humor. Granted, there's a fine line between perseverance and stubbornness, but humor can often cover up the missteps.
- What role does community play in what you do?
In terms of what I do, "community" is very small. As someone who felt on the outside looking in while growing up, I often find it's best to rely upon a small group of close friends and loved ones. Sometimes, a big "community" can be, well, dumb. That is, with larger groups, it's easier for emotion to override truth.
- What is next for what you do?
A renewed desire to improve my health, not just for myself but for my family. And there is that dark fantasy novel, which is taking exciting baby steps as I'm writing.