- Who are you and what do you do?
Joe Rixman, Deputy Probation Officer with Riverside County, California
- What are you working on at the moment?
A screenplay about how technology + capitalism = lots of bodies and great ratings
- Who inspires you?
Artists, writers and musicians who can take me to another world. Artists I admire include Thomas Kinkaid and other naturalists. Writers who I admire include David Morrell, Stephen King, John Sanford, Philip Dick, Scott Heim and John Irving, not in any particular order. Composers and musicians I admire include Jerry Goldsmith, Vaughan Williams, Fleetwood Mac, and Frank Sinatra.
- Name an artist who has inspired you.
My father, a vaguely talented painter of mountains and seascapes. He loved to paint and I have several of his painting hanging in my home.
- Name a place that has inspired you.
The Philippines; Murfreesboro, Tennessee; Hollywood, California circa 1975; Sedona, Arizona
- Name some "thing" that has inspired you.
A picture of an old ghost town near Philipsburg, Montana; a town portrait of the citizens of said ghost town
- What drives you to do what you do?
The ability to do so; the desire to know more about people’s motivations and reasons for the things they do.
- What values do you wish your creativity to express?Honesty and curiosity
- What role does community play in what you do?
Community is a subjective term. Which community do you refer to? Community, in general, allows me all the targets I need to ask the questions I need to ask…and provides me all the opportunities to learn the answers to those questions.
- What is next for what you do?
Not sure. I have numerous screenplays in the works but also love to be challenged and learn new things…so whatever comes along, I’ll embrace it and have as much fun as possible with it. Hopefully, I’ll provide something people will enjoy.