I thought I'd share Olly's recipe for chunky tomato and onion soup...
- 1.5 pints of water
- 1.5 vegetable stock cubes
- 0.5 cup of tomato juice (from a carton)
- 2 tins of ASDA's chopped tomatoes with garlic (if not available - 2 tins of chopped tomatoes and 1 clove of garlic)
- 2 small / medium onions
- handful of brown rice (optional)
- Boil 1.5 pints of water... add to stock in a big pan.
- Add 2 tins of tomatoes to pan along with the tomato juice.
- Dice onions to preference then add to pan.
- Add rice.
- Bring to boil... then let it simmer strongly for 30 minutes.
- Keep stirring.
- After 30 mins... take off gas and allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Bring to boil then serve.
Enjoy... I did/do. Took 3 bowls at lunch time. Very low calorie and low GI too. Lovely!
If you do make it... please post or tweet a picture.
Picture posted with LifeCast... recipe added later.