Sunday, December 31, 2006
New Year's Resolution (1) :: Read More
Blogger is driving me mad... one minute I can upload a photo... the next I can't. Hmm... Wordpress is looking mighty appealing.
Anyway... my first resolution is to read more. I don't make enough time to read... especially now that the shower has been replaced.
These are some, but not all, of the books I intend to read (clockwise from top left)
* Angels & Demons by Dan Brown - some light entertainment. Fun and interesting.
* Sally Ann - Poverty to Hope by Bo Brekke - I borrowed this a while ago ((link)) and need to finish it.
* Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes - Olly got this from the girls for her Christmas. Its one of her fav books from her schooldays. Really powerful story about IQ and genetic engineering. I am a big sci-fi fan and can't wait to read it.
* The Message Remix :: Pause by Eugene Peterson - My favourite translation of the Bible in a daily reading format. In each week, the 7th day is "free" for contemplation... which I like. I intend to start it today... and keep it going.
* Change the world for a fiver by wearewhatwedo - Chris picked this book up when we had food with them recently and I picked it up on his recommendation. Its a great wee read... nothing heavy except the challenge to change. Nice. 50 actions include... (35) write to someone who inspired you, (06) take public transport when you can, (32) do something you think you can't do, and (30) bake something for a friend;
* Breaking the mould by Peter A Hunter - I was given this book a while back and never picked it up. Its about personal stories of ordinary people becoming powerful... and change that works.
A mixed bag... but some stuff I intend to get through. Make time to read.
I would like you... the nanolog community to recommend the books you have read or intend to read... the what and why... for me, and the community to read... leave a comment with your top five and I'll check them out.