I love [pingmag] and think the line up to their free mini-festival looks pretty interesting in a leftfield kind of way. I won't be in Japan on the 3rd... but if I was, I'd check it out.
Now... when can we have a festival? OK... here's a game to play... Fantasy Festival :: 8 artists / bands - only one can return from the dead. Who & why?
My festival would have ::
* Bebel Gilberto... I have always wanted to see/hear her live.
* 4hero... I love their music.
* Tom Middleton / Global Communication... Tom is a DJ genius and 76:14 is a classic.
* Tim Hughes... He writes redemption songs that just touch my heart.
* Broadcast... I have seen them 4 times live and they put on a great show.
* Quantic / Quantic Soul Orchestra... Yeah, I know I am cheating but I love Quantic's sound.
* Iona... They are one of my fav bands and bring me peace in this busy world.
* Led Zeppelin... Do I really need to answer?