I have shared my first New Year's Resolution :: (1) to read more :: here are some more...
(2) Make more time for Olly and the girls. I need to spend more time... especially through the week... to do more stuff with them.
(3) Exercise more. I don't exercise enough and I worry about my health. I need to walk more... and enjoy yoga and cycling again. I hope to do more with others... such as swimming with the family... table tennis with Olly... and possibly even 5-aside.
(4) Get fed as well as organising the meal. Olly and I lead. We spend our time organising things like Alpha and the homegroups... making things happen for others... and this will continue. But we need to spend time getting fed too... both spiritually and creatively. We need to develop and grow. For me, this will come from reading more... but I need to experience more... listen... discuss with others... I could do with a mentor... any offers?
(5) See some personal projects happen. Things like ((deep)), the web thing I am working on, and assisting the Soos in getting a book published (via Lulu). I want to see some results for my efforts. I would also love to be involved in planting a new expression of church somewhere... and help Olly record a CD... but these may not be for this year.
(6) Enjoy my work. I need to incorporate my work into my life. The stuff I focus on... doesn't pay the bills. I need to seek the Lord's guidance for my life to ensure I am still where He wants me to be. In the meantime, I need to focus on doing the best when I work and keeping in the moment.
(7) Keep focussed. I need to get... and stay organised. I need to understand the principles of time management, improve my productivity and subscribe to a method of getting things done. I need to go beyond the to-do lists I have in my moleskines... and focus on the work at hand.
(8) Learn to balance. I need to use all opportunities available to me. Exercise with the family. Learn with Olly or work together. I need to ensure I don't over focus on one thing to the detriment of others... especially my beloved ones or my health.
(9) Make physical connections. I am honoured to be part of something I think is kind of special. I was privileged to meet some fab nanologgers in 2006 (Roy / Dan / Chris) and intend to retain the connection. I would love to meet more of you... and give you a hug.
People I would love to meet in 2007 (no order) ::
* Adele aka Existential Punk
* Andy White
* Johnny Laird
* Lloyd "Lard" Kinsley
* John & Jean
Who knows... some are a long shot... but it could happen. You are always welcome in Green Gables!
I hope this makes sense. I would welcome your resolutions... and any suggestions for helping me make these resolutions happen.
Technorati Tags: new year resolutions